In this direct marketing seminars by Melvin Powers on mail order, Melvin discovered he had the "Midas touch" for book publishing when he was 16 years old. After Melvin Powers ordered a book on chess from a Popular Science magazine, he set up shop from his living room and discovered an instant success formula for selling book by mail using small classified ads.
And in this three part interview, you'll hear Melvin's incredible story along with his step-by-step formula for success.
Even though he's sold more books than most people can imagine, Melvin says that books are really just the "calling card" for the seemingly endless amount of backend deals you can make from them.
And Melvin shares how he makes serious money selling back end seminars, records, consulting and much more from his book sales. He also shares the marketing secrets and licensing deals that have made him an icon in the direct mail, distribution, and book publishing fields.
Here's Some Of What You'll Learn From This Direct Marketing Seminars By Melvin Powers
• How much of a mark-up you'll need in order to make a worthwhile profit from your book sales.
• How to make deals with magazines so that you're not paying their outrageous advertising rates.
• How Melvin successfully tests his books, advertising, headlines and direct mail.
• Learn about an offer Melvin made on his books that instantly increased his book sales.
• Learn what products you should sell after the sale of the book and how to make the real money from these products.
• Learn what mistakes most make when negotiating royalties with authors and publishers.
• What you should do if someone returns your book for a refund and how to turn that return into more sales.
• How to sell publishing and movie rights to your book to other countries.
• Learn how Melvin has adapted to the skyrocketing costs of printing and postage.
Melvin Powers is a legend because he seems to instinctively know where the market is headed and how to adapt to it. And in this audio, you'll hear how he does it. You'll hear how he keeps his eye on the big picture and never lets fear get in his way.
So even if you're not interested in making a living from books, you may still want to listen to this audio interview. Even an expert can learn a lot from this marketing genius.
Part one of this interview is my first interview with Melvin. Parts two and three is Melvin Powers answering questions for my hardtofindseminars.com students.
Lessons From A Book-Publishing Giant
Part Two Of This Direct Marketing Seminars By Melvin Powers On Mail Order
And Part Three Of This Direct Marketing Seminars By Melvin Powers On Mail Order
Melvin Powers is a legend. He owns a thriving mail-order business, negotiates his own deals, makes a great living, and has a lot of fun. And with years of experience, he's just the person to ask marketing and publishing questions to. That's probably why I got so many responses when I asked listeners if they had any questions for this book publishing giant.
So in Part Two and Three of the Melvin Powers interview, you'll hear Melvin field those questions. And because he truly likes to help people succeed, he gives step-by-step, thoroughly honest answers. But best of all, he illustrates his answers with examples from his own life to show just how practical success can be, if you put your mind to it.
Direct Marketing Seminars By Melvin Powers On Mail Order Free MP3 Downloads Part Two: The Power Of Asking
It doesn't matter whether your goal is to obtain rights to a book, get your product on TV, promote yourself at Barnes and Noble or lecture at the community college. Things aren't going to just fall in your lap. And in Part Two, you'll hear how Melvin has done all of those things - and how easily you can do them too - just by asking the right people the right questions.
You'll Also Hear…
- How Melvin used local community colleges and bookstores to promote his seminars - and how you can do that too
- How to get your product reviewed for infomercials - and what kind of deal you can expect
- How much infomercials cost to produce and what products are hot in the market right now
- The resources Melvin would use if he had a new venture to get off the ground - and the ones he wouldn't give up without a fight
- Which is better - self-publishing or selling the rights to your book
- How to get the best mailing lists for your target market - and how to make the most of them
- How Melvin uses PR to promote his books and products
Melvin didn't just write books and advertising copy - he wrote songs as well. And in Part One you'll also hear all about his time as a songwriter including the hit he wrote that was based on a true story. (He even sings part of it.)
Part Three: The Key To Never "Missing The Boat"
According to Melvin, you've only missed the boat if you think you have. It's never too late to succeed. And in Part Three, you'll hear how Melvin made his way to the top along with steps for getting there yourself.
You'll Also Hear…
- How Melvin obtained the rights to one of his biggest sellers, Psycho-Cybernetics, and how he knew that book was going to be a winner
- What you need to know to break into the self-help industry
- How to get books translated into another language
- How direct marketing has changed over the years - and where it's headed
- Where Melvin gets contracts for his deals without ever contacting a lawyer
- And much more
Melvin has more years of experience than most people will ever know. And in this interview, you'll hear his advice on how to succeed in business and in life. Enjoy.